Mark just got me in the world of Mikons, a great way to communicate, but most of all a tremendous networking ice-breaker.
When you are networking reaching out to people at events it is always difficult to skim your targets. Most of us do that with appearances but possibly there is no worst method. There is a clear need to identify who is in front of you, at least in a simple way. If I am vegetarian, I want no meat lovers in my network, at least not for the night. Event professionals can definitely help in making things easier.
“It’s an idea in the form of a picture” they say at their website. Nice. I want to know more.
How can you use Mikons to tell your story?
– Create or use a Mikon for your club
– Create or use a Mikon for your clan or guild
– your hobbies: biking, scrapbooking, book clubs, drinking, chess, reading, movies
– your beliefs: religion, political affiliation, gender identification,
– an experience or aspect of your personal story,cancer survivor, entrepreneur,
– a concept you want to share
– your preferences: paper or plastic? coffee or tea? vinyl or digital?
How can I use Mikons in my event?
During event registration, attendees get a custom sheet of iconic stickers that relate to the theme of the event and their personality traits. Event planners can create custom sheets for any type of event and personality traits or professional skills they wish to expose between attendees.
Planning my next networking event it’s definitely easier.