Convene, whose portfolio of brands includes etc.venues, is segmenting its portfolio to create a stronger distinction between its locations.
Convene, which acquired etc.venues last year, is segmenting its portfolio to create a stronger distinction between its locations. Convene will focus on large, experiential events, while etc.venues will focus on small meetings and corporate training.
As part of this segmentation, 155 Bishopsgate and 133 Houndsditch in London and 810 Seventh Avenue and 360 Madison Avenue in New York City will become Convene-branded locations.
“Looking at the 39 locations across our portfolio, the four etc.venues locations that are being converted to Convene are best suited to accommodate the large, premium, and highly experiential events that the Convene brand is known for. And as our clients think about incorporating offsite meetings into their broader workplace strategy, the etc.venues brand will focus on serving small meetings, trainings, and events,” says Ryan Simonetti, CEO and co-founder of Convene.
According to the company, it is the largest single provider of dedicated meeting and event venues in North America and the UK. It has 39 locations across nine cities under the Convene, etc.venues, SaksWorks and Club 75 brands. It also has a “by Convene” label for bespoke locations in partnership with other organizations.
Ares, RXR Realty, and Hudson’s Bay Company are among Convene’s investors. The company has raised over $280 million over five rounds. Its last round of funding came in April 2022, with Hudson’s Bay Company taking a majority stake.
Convene describes the differences between the Convene and etc.venues brands as:
- Locations have at most 14 meeting rooms, with a capacity of up to 900 people.
- Ideal for conferences, large meetings, or events that require separate breakout spaces.
- Large gallery spaces to allow for event networking and receptions.
- A dedicated on-site team supports in-room AV technology.
- Dedicated catering per event with customization options. Dining is private for each event.
- Locations have up to 30 meeting rooms, with an average room capacity of six to 50 people.
- Ideal for value-driven small meetings and corporate training.
- Unique and playful design elements that inspire creativity.
- Simple in-room plug-and-play technology.
Photo credit: Convene / Convene